Air conditioning maintenance involves regular cleaning and servicing of the unit to ensure it runs efficiently and effectively. This can include tasks such as changing filters, cleaning coils, and checking refrigerant levels. It is important to have regular maintenance done, as a well-maintained AC unit will not only run more efficiently, but it can also help extend the life of the unit and prevent costly repairs. Additionally, regular maintenance can also improve the indoor air quality of your space.
Air conditioning maintenance is the process of regularly inspecting, cleaning, and servicing your air conditioning unit to ensure that it is running efficiently and effectively. This can include tasks such as:
- Changing the air filter: This is one of the most important maintenance tasks as a dirty air filter can restrict airflow and cause your AC unit to work harder than it needs to.
- Cleaning the coils: The coils on your AC unit can become dirty and clogged over time, which can reduce efficiency and cause the unit to freeze up.
- Checking and tightening electrical connections: Loose electrical connections can cause the unit to malfunction and can be a fire hazard.
- Lubricating moving parts: This will help to reduce friction and prolong the life of your AC unit.
- Checking the refrigerant levels: If the refrigerant levels are low, it can indicate a leak and should be addressed by a professional.
- Inspecting the ductwork: Leaky ducts can cause energy loss and can lead to poor indoor air quality.
It is recommended that you have your air conditioning unit serviced by a professional at D and L Mechanical Services at least once a year, and more often if you notice any problems or if you use your AC unit frequently.